Both parties (The School and The Peace Foundation) agree to certain responsibilities in effectively implementing the Cool Schools Peer Mediation Programme by signing the Primary School Partnership Agreement.
Your Partnership School subscription is very much appreciated and is well utilised to ensure the Cool Schools Programme continues to be updated and improved. In the last school year, the Peace Foundation used Partnership School funding to contribute towards :
1. Upgrading our ‘School Programmes’ webpages:
2. Producing our school programmes newsletter, MediationWorks
3. Planning and hosting the National Schools’ Peace Week
4. Updating and further developing Cool Schools Programme resources
5. Updating our schools database
6. Employing a part-time Cool Schools Programme Administrator
7. Hosting regional network meetings for Cool Schools teacher coordinators.
Your Partnership School status entitles you to a range of valuable financial and classroom benefits in addition to the core Cool Schools resources. Exclusive Partnership benefits include:
· Digital copies of essential Cool Schools resources (if full staff training has been completed within the last five years), including:
o The Cool Schools Primary Manual (for staff)
o The Essential Peer Mediators Handbook (for student peer mediators)
o Helpful Coordinator resources provided by other Cool Schools
· Priority access to Ministry of Health funding for a 3-hour Revisit Training valued at $650 + GST (Ministry funding permitting)
Peace Foundation annual membership (valued at $175), including the Foundation newsletter PeaceWorks and AGM voting rights
How to Become a Partnership School
You will need to download, fill in the details and sign the following two documents:
1. The Primary School Partnership Agreement
2. The Principal's Letter (which requires the details of the contact person in your school)
Once completed, these need to be scanned and sent to:
Your sub of $230 needs to be paid into The Peace Foundation's online account (details of which are given in the Principal's Letter).
When all three items have been received by The Peace Foundation, the the school contact person will be sent a user name and password so that they can login to "Cool Schools - Partnership School" on the website (www.peace.net.nz) and download digital copies of the
essential Cool School resources.