"Conflict is a part of everyday life; it's how you deal with it that makes the difference."
The Peace Foundation's school programmes are:
1. The Cool Schools Peer Mediation Programme for Primary Schools (Years 1 - 8) Age Group: 5 - 12 years
2. LtPM - Leadership through Peer Mediation for Secondary Schools (Years 9 - 13) Age Group: 13 - 17 years
3. Kia Tau te Rangimarie for Kura Kaupapa Maori or mainstream schools with a high percentage of Maori students (Years 1 - 13) Age Group: 5 - 17 years
* To raise awareness of conflict and conflict responses
* To develop empathy so that individuals listen to each other with understanding
* To teach life long conflict management skills
* To develop leadership in giving service to others through peer mediation
* To empower individuals in making positive choices for building successful relationships
* To grow respectful, global citizens who value diversity and human rights
Find out more ...
Interview with Christina Barruel (Head of Peace Education) by Noel Cheer, Face Television on Sky Channel 083 (July 2013)